CoS-11-FINALLY

I was ready. The procession was on the door. I was seeing everything from jhokra. I was viewing all the rituals. He came, was on his horse, Chetak. He was seen as an ant from the jhokra.  He was looking handsome, very royal and my eyes were fixed on him. The bharaat was surrounded by Bhill, Praja and other relatives.
Ma sa entered the scene with the aarti taal. She had to do the tilak. He was a bit naughty and refused to come down his Chetak. Ma sa was trying really hard to do the tilak from down but no he was not bending also. A sign from Rawat mamasa made him bend down and allowed ma sa to do the tilak.
Then daata gave a stick to him. He had to touch the entrance of the palace with the stick. He took the stick and was ready to do so. Chakrapani interrupted and told him to be careful and to do it in one go. Pratap obliged and did as told to him.
Saubhagyawati was his Sali so she was ready with her plans. Phool too joined her. They both took him to the waiting room. I moved to the window from which the waiting room was visible.
Pratap bhai you sit here
He unknowingly sat there and he became a laughing stock. He fell down from the couch. It was broken and they had placed few paapads on the broken couch. That’s it he sat and sound came and he fell down. Taking advantage of the opportunity both asked the naakh. He gave them and sat in the other couch placed there.
Arey Ajabde did you see what we did with Pratap?
Oh yes
Leave all this we came to check if you are ready.
Yes I am
No bhabhi still some touchup and them you will be ready to be presented
Phool she is no model
Yes but for me she is the bride and she should look more beautiful than others.
That’s right
Ohk stop it now
Yeah
Waise bhabhisa you saw jiju na??
Ye…no
Bhabhi sa why are you telling us no. We saw you peeping in through the jhokra
Yes I was seeing him (blushing)
Ajabde what have you done??
Bhago nobody saw me
But Ajabde you are not supposed to see him until the pheras.
What??
Yes bhabhisa
Them what do I do now??
Nothing
Nothing as in
Do nothing Ajabde. We were just playing with you
Thank god
Bhabhisa touching is done
Thanks Phool
Bhago lets go to the mantap!
No no Phool, Bhago will stay with me you go and wait there
Ji Bhabhisa
But why Ajabde
Because I want you here
Fine you go Phool
Sure
And yes come and inform us if Ajabde is called.
Yes Bhago
She went leaving two besties together. We were spending some quality time after months now. I was happy and she was happy with my happiness. I was very excited, already married but marring again was too good. Bhago did not know what surprise I had for her. She was just happy because I was happy but now I wanted her to be happy for her own self.
Bhago Ajabde bhabhisa has to be taken down.
Yes let’s go
Come on Ajabde
Yeah let’s go
We reached there and soon we were showered with questions
Phool why is there two mandap’s?
Bhago you will get to know
I did not get it
Patience is needed Bhago
Ohk ohk
We reached the temple in front of the mantap. All of us prayed and we went forward.  I took permission from dhajiraj and went and sat in the seat opposite to Pratap’s.
Saubhagyawati you see that side.
Why mousi?
Just see na
Ohk mousi?
Arey pandit ji what are you doing there?
Mousi sa told me to
That’s for groom and not for you pandit ji
I know
Saubhagyawati it’s for you only.
Mousi how come?
Ajabde and Pratap planned to give you a surprise for all that you have done to them and this is what they planned for you
Ajabde
Arey don’t cry. It’s time to be happy.
Thanks Ajabde
 No need of that Saubhagyawati, this is for all that you and Chakrapani did for Ajabde and me from when we fell for each other till now and for what you are going to do for us later too
Yes Bhago
Thanks Ajabde and bhai sa
No need of that
Now take this shadi ka joda and get ready quickly Saubhagyawati beta
Yes mousi
Arey Phool beta you help Saubhagyawati beta
Yes mousi I will do that
I was very happy. I knew Bhago married Chakri at great difficulties and so it was one step from our side to give them a good memory.  Like us they also married at the register office and then came home. So this was planned by us to repay whatever they did. Little scared I sat down when panditji told me to.
He was staring at me when the yellow cloth was spread in front of me. The pandit continued to chant prayers. Pratap was sitting there to see me once again but I did not want to get embarrassed in front of everyone. The cloth was removed after the instruction given by panditji. Then I was instructed to sit beside Pratap. I did so. He could no more stare at me. But he had other plans to see me. There was a vessel of water kept in front of me and he was looking at me from the corner of his eyes from the vessel. Now panditji asked us to pray.
By the way Ajab
Hmm
You are looking so pretty
Thanks
Not only today but always
Thanx
Ajab do you know I have planned everything
Planned everything meaning
Meaning all that we have to do and not do
I did not understand
I will explain that to you after the marriage
Fine
Panditji also finished the prayers and asked ma sa to do the Ghat Bandhan. She tied the yellow cloth to my chunri and the other end was placed on his shoulder. Meanwhile I could not move my eyes from the handsome figure sitting next to me. He was looking at me too. I looked away from this intense glare. I saw the other mantap where Chakrawati were sitting. Once Ghat Bandhan was done panditji told him to do sindoor daan.
He was waiting for this. panditji gave him a container with sindoor. Ma sa held my maang tika and he used his ring to do this. His hand moved towards mine and my eyes bowed down and my cheeks red in colour. When his fingers touched my forehead the electric current passed was very high. He filled the hair line with the sindoor, recognition for a married woman. Flowers were showered and praises were heard. Once this was done panditji proceeded to the next one. He told us to standup for mala exchange program.
We did so. I was given a garland and he too was handed one. Now that the garlands were given we had to exchange them. It was my turn. I turned to him and stood on my toes to reach his height. I tried placing the mala but no he stepped back. Again I tried and he repeated his actions. Finally he bowed to me when ma sa gave him a look. Now it was his turn. I bowed my head accepting that I will always be under his control and will bow to him always.
When this ceremony was done it was time for something very special was what panditji told us. He told us that more than anything this matters in the wedding. This is what will make us husband and wife. We wanted to see what the promises were. When panditji told us to take the pheras, all the ladies stared singing 
Dete vachan yeh ek duje ko agni ko sachi banaye…..
Bandhan mein ek duje sang bandte jaye….
Bandte jaye yeh….
Bandte jaye yeh….
Tan man dan sab ab hai tera….
Mera kya laage hai mera….
Haye badke hue ji sehra….
Hue suhagan re….
Hue suhagan re….
Hue suhagan re…
Bandte jaye yeh….
Bandte jaye yeh….
Tan man dan sab ab hai tera….
Mera kya laage hai mera….
Haye badke hue ji sehra….
Hue suhagan re….
Hue suhagan re….
Hue suhagan re….
Dete vachan yeh ek duje ko agni ko sachi banaye…..
Bandhan mein ek duje sang bandte jaye….
Bandte jaye yeh….
Bandte jaye yeh….
During pheras we were constantly looking at each other. Every line meant something to me or to him. From the beginning, from ‘Dete vachan’ to ‘Hue suhagan re’ to the end ‘Bandte jaye yeh’ we were recalling everything from the starting till now.
Each line had its significance and each phera gave us memories. In the first phera I was recalling our first meet and yes not to forget that ‘Fool’ girl from his college came in between us but no he fought for me against her for the first time. All these were golden moments.
Second phera was when I remembered our first date, a romantic movie hand in hand, sipping coke from a can and then the popcorn, caramel flavor then to a beach with no sun scream nor sun glasses and enjoying the time and lastly the wonderful candlelight one with wine and our favorite delicacies.
Third phera reminded the drift between us when he flied to London for official purposes and me left out back here. The way we used to burn money was worth remembering. Every day I used pay my bill for calls and he too. Morning till next morning 100 times we would call. Then the short, sweet and cute texts with selfies and emoji’s would be an ideal chat.
Then next phera I was preoccupied with the memories of him coming back and me waiting in the airport with a placard displaying his name and him not noticing it. That was the first time I had got angry with him but yes he convinced and consoled me very easily, with a carton of dairy milk was enough.
All the pheras were giving me memories. These thoughts were interrupted by panditji to tell us to change our positions with me in front and his behind me. The remaining rounds I was moving quietly without thinking anything. All the pheras were done and the promises were read out. We accepted all the promises. Then panditji declared

“Aaj se aap dono pati patni hue”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ArChi- Rose Day

OAB DAY- Blood Donar's Day

ArChi- Chocolate Day 2